Reviewing Permissions for Files and Folders on Shares
You can review permissions to determine who can access your data. You can also see the type of access the users have such as read, write, execute and so on. Once the data owners are identified, administrators can make decisions about permissions using the Entitlement Management interface.
- From the navigation pane, go to Activate.
The Activate page appears.
- Under Apps, click Entitlement manager.
The Entitlement manager page appears.
- From the Select client list, select the client computer that contains the file or folder for which you want to view or change permissions.
- Click Apply.
A list of files and folders that are on the client computer appears.
- To filter and view files and folders with specific extensions, owners, users, or sensitive tags such as credit number or SSN, see Filtering and Viewing File Permissions Based on File Criteria.
- On the left of the page, browse to select the file or folder that you want to view or change permissions for.
- To add a user to a file, see Changing Permissions for Specific Users.
- To change file ownership, see Changing File Ownership.
- On the right of the page, on the Permissions tab, you can view the current owner and the current user who have permissions for the selected file or folder, and the list of permissions.
Last modified: 4/8/2021 7:52:23 PM