Red Hat OpenShift: System Requirements
Commvault recommends that the existing users of the Red Hat OpenShift VSA solution migrate their backup operations to the Kubernetes solution, to backup and restore additional containerized data types.
You can use the Virtualization solution in the Command Center to back up and restore applications that run in the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This solution requires Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9, 3.10, or 3.11.
This solution requires Red Hat Gluster Storage in converged or independent mode.
VSA Access Node (Proxy)
You can deploy the Virtual Server Agent on a physical or virtual machine that meets the following requirements:
- Deployed in the OpenShift environment or externally.
- Runs one of the following Linux operating systems:
- Red Hat Linux 7.x or 8
- CentOS 7.x or 8
Note: For CentOS 8 or RHEL 8 VMs, to install operating system packages that are required to enable automatic installation of Mono, register the VMs with CentOS or Red Hat.
- Has network access to the OpenShift master node.
- Has SSH access to each GlusterFS endpoint.
- Has glusterfs and gluster-fuse packages installed.
Proxy Installation Requirements
- Prepare the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent on Linux
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Last modified: 9/18/2020 1:38:59 PM