Restoring Mailboxes, Mailbox Items, or Messages Using Exchange Journaling
Applies to: User Mailbox, and Journal Mailbox
Restore a mailbox, a mailbox item (such as a folder, a contact, or a calendar entry), or a message.
- From the navigation pane, expand Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The list of all Exchange clients appears.
- Click the Exchange client that contains the mailbox that you want to restore.
The Exchange client page appears.
- Right-click the mailbox that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- From the Restore to list, select Mailbox.
- From the Destination host list, select the name of the Exchange Mailbox server computer.
- To restore the data to the same path from which it was backed up, select the Restore to original folder check box.
- In the When message exists area, do either of the following:
- To overwrite any existing messages, select Overwrite unconditionally.
- To prevent an item that already exists from being overwritten, select Skip.
- Journal Mailbox: To restore only the actual message, select the Remove journal report if it exists on restore check box.
The journal report is removed when the message is restored.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 10/30/2019 2:30:53 AM