Creating Splunk Instances
Add or modify a Splunk instance when you need to manage data.
When you add an instance, a default subclient is automatically created.
Before You Begin
- Verify that Splunk is installed on the master node and on each indexer peer node of the cluster.
- Obtain the master node details.
- Obtain the master URI where Splunkd service is hosted on the master node.
- Obtain the login credentials to log in to the Splunk URL.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Big Data.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add server > Splunk > Instance.
The Add Splunk server dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new instance you are creating.
- From the Master node list, select a Splunk node to which the software would connect to.
- In the Master URI box, type the master URI where the Splunkd service is hosted on the master node.
- Type the login credentials.
- From the Plan list, select a server plan.
- Click Save.
The software creates an instance.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 5/6/2019 12:22:18 PM