Configuring a MySQL Server Instance That Is Hosted in the Alibaba RDS Cloud
To configure a MySQL server instance that is hosted in the Alibaba RDS cloud, create an ECS instance in the Alibaba cloud to function as the proxy client computer, add the proxy client computer in the CommCell Console, create a virtualization client to function as the pseudoclient, and then add the MySQL server instance to the pseudoclient.
Step 1: Configure a Proxy Client Computer
- Create an ECS instance in the Alibaba cloud to function as the proxy client computer.
The instance can be a Linux client computer or a Windows client computer.
For instructions, see Alibaba Elastic Computer Service Documentation.
- Add the proxy client computer in the CommCell Console.
- To enable the CommServe host, the MediaAgent, and the proxy client computer to communicate with each other, establish the connections.
- Install the MySQL Agent software on the proxy client computer.
The database application must be of the same major version as the MySQL server instance in the cloud and does not need to be in a running state.
If you plan to use the same proxy client computer to back up MySQL server instances of other versions, then you must manually install all those versions on the proxy client computer.
Step 2: Configure the Pseudoclient
- Install the Virtual Server package on a Windows client computer or a Linux client computer.
For instructions, see Client Installations.
Note: If you configure a Linux client computer, the Mono package is required on the client computer.
For SP17 and more recent service packs, after you install the Virtual Server Agent on a Linux machine and start services, the software checks to see whether Mono is installed and, if necessary, installs the required version of the Mono package. You do not need to install the Mono package manually.
- Create a virtualization client to function as the pseudoclient.
Add the client computer that you installed the Virtual Server package on as the proxy server.
For instructions, see Creating an Alibaba RDS Pseudo-Client.
- Add the MySQL Agent to the pseudoclient.
When adding the agent, select the proxy client computer in the Cloud Configuration tab.
For instructions, see Adding the MySQL Database Agent to the Pseudoclient.
You can configure the MySQL database version of the pseudoclient.
Step 3: Configure MySQL Server on the Pseudoclient
- Add a MySQL server instance to the pseudoclient.
- To include a subset of the databases in the backup, then create a subclient for the data.
Step 4: Run the First Backup Operation and the First Restore Operation
- Perform a backup operation.
For instructions, see Performing Backup of a MySQL Database.
- Perform a restore operation.
For instructions, see MySQL Instance Restore Operations.
Last modified: 1/8/2020 3:44:43 PM