Associating All Public Folders with the User Mailbox Subclient
After you create the Exchange Mailbox client, you must associate public folders with the subclient.
All public folders are not protected by default. You must enable the All Public Folders group, and then assign the Exchange Archiving Policy to the group.
Before You Begin
- Create the Exchange policies.
- Configure the service account. For more information, see Assigning Full Access to Service Accounts for Exchange Online (Through Azure Active Directory).
- For public folder backup, clean up, and restore, the service account should have owner permission at the root level and at the sub-folder level. For auto created service account, convert the service account to user mailbox, assign owner permissions at the root level and at the sub-folder level and then convert the service account back to shared mailbox.
- From the CommCell Console, go to Client Computers > client > agent > User Mailbox.
- At the bottom of the right pane, click the Auto Discover Associations tab.
- Right-click All Public Folders, and then click Edit.
The Edit Association dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab, select the Enable All Public Folders Discovery check box.
- Click the Policies tab.
- Select the Exchange policies that will be applied to all of the public folders within the subclient or you can have different policy for public folder and mailboxes.
- Click OK.
On the Auto Discover Associations tab, the status of the All Public Folders group changes to Actively archived.
Last modified: 11/20/2020 2:44:23 PM