Associating Public Folders with the Exchange Mailbox Agent User Mailbox Subclient Using All Public Folders - On-Premises
Applies to: Exchange 2013 or later
After you create the Exchange Mailbox client, you must associate Public Folders with the subclient.
By default, you have the option to protect all public folders. You must enable the All Public Folders group, and then assign the Exchange Archiving Policy to the group.
Before You Begin
- Create the Exchange policies.
- Configure the service account.
- The service account must be a member of the Local Administrator Group on the access node servers.
- The service account must have a mailbox.
- You must enter the Exchange service account email address in the Exchange Service Account Credentials dialog box while configuring the client.
- The service account must have local logon rights. Make sure that the local logon rights are not overridden by any group policies.
- For public folder backup and restore, the service account must have the owner permission at the root level.
- For public folder backup and restore, the service account must have impersonation and view-only permissions. For more information, see step 1 in Prerequisites for the Exchange Mailbox Agent User Mailbox EWS On-Premises.
- From the CommCell Console, go to Client Computers > client > agent > User Mailbox.
- At the bottom of the right pane, click the Auto Discover Associations tab.
- Right-click All Public Folders, and then click Edit.
The Edit Association dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab, select the Enable All Public Folders Discovery check box.
- On the Policies tab, select the Exchange policies that apply to all of the public folders within the subclient or you can have a different policy for public folder and mailboxes.
- Click OK.
On the Auto Discover Associations tab, the status of the All Public Folders group changes to Actively archived.
Last modified: 9/11/2020 3:26:39 PM