Associating Public Folders with the Exchange Mailbox Agent User Mailbox Subclient Using All Public Folders - On-Premises
Applies to: Exchange 2013 or later
After you create the Exchange Mailbox client, you must associate Public Folders with the subclient.
By default, you have the option to protect all public folders. You must enable the All Public Folders group, and then assign Exchange archiving, cleanup and retention policies to the group.
Before You Begin
- Create the Exchange policies.
- The service account must be a member of:
- The Local Administrator Group on the access node servers.
- The Organization Management group (Exchange 2010 or later) or the Exchange Organization Administrators group (Exchange 2007).
- The service account must have local logon rights. Make sure that the local logon rights are not overridden by any group policies.
- The service account must have a mailbox.
- Exchange Online Service Account must have same permissions as the existing Exchange Online Service Account.
- Service Account should have owner permission at the root level (all public folder).
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > User Mailbox.
- At the bottom of the right pane, click the Auto Discover Associations tab.
- Right-click All Public Folders, and then click Edit.
The Edit Association dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab, select the Enable All Public Folders Discovery check box.
- Click the Policies tab.
- Select the Exchange policies that will be applied to all of the public folders within the subclient or you can have different policy for public folder and mailboxes.
- Click OK.
On the Auto Discover Associations tab, the status of the All Public Folders group changes to Actively archived.
Last modified: 4/25/2019 2:00:07 PM