Creating a Pseudo-Client for an Azure Account
Create a pseudo-client with the Azure account information so that you can back up to and restore from an Azure managed instance.
The pseudo-client provides an easy way for you to manage all the Azure instances that belong to the same account.
- In the CommCell Browser, right click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Apps > Azure SQL.
The Create Microsoft Azure Client dialog box appears.
- Specify the client information.
- From the Deployment Model list, select Resource Manager.
- In the Client Name box, type the desired client name.
- Provide the Azure cloud access information. For instructions about accessing this information from the Azure portal, see SQL Server Properties (Cloud Configuration).
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the client name.
- In the Subscription ID, Tenant ID, Application ID and Application Password boxes, enter the details that you need to access data on the Azure cloud.
- Add a proxy server.
You can add multiple proxy servers to the pseudo-client. The Commvault software uses the first proxy server in the list for instance and database discovery.
- In the Proxies section, click Add.
- In the Select Clients/Client Groups dialog box, select the proxies the software uses for backups and restores.
- Click OK.
- You can add multiple proxy servers.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
You can add to the pseudo-client the SQL servers that represent the Azure managed instance that belongs to the account. For more information, see Adding and Configuring an Azure SQL Database Managed Instance.
Last modified: 6/6/2019 9:21:57 PM