Azure Database for PostgreSQL
You need the following components when you want to perform PostgreSQL database backup operations on your Azure database:
- An Azure PostgreSQL instance.
- A Commvault proxy server that is configured on the CommCell Console and that resides in the Azure cloud.
- A Commvault Windows or UNIX client that has the Virtualization Agent and the PostgreSQL Agent.
- An optional on-premises MediaAgent.
Configure one of the following Azure resource deployment models:
- Setting Up an Application and Tenant for Azure Resource Manager
- Enable managed identities for Azure resources.
When setting up the resource deployment model, assign contributor role to the virtual machine or access node.
If you want to restrict access, you can assign a customized role (CvPostgreSQLRole.json).
When you perform a backup operation, the Commvault software invokes the PostgreSQL pg_dump utility to perform the backup operation.
When you perform a restore operation, the Commvault software invokes the PostgreSQL pg_restore utility to restore the data. The destination can be the same Azure database instance, or another Azure database instance.
Last modified: 10/21/2020 9:49:34 PM