Recovering an Index Server Cloud Node Installed on a System Drive
If an Index Server Cloud node is installed on a system drive that fails, you can recover the node by rebuilding the operating system and reinstalling the Commvault software on the drive.
If the drive that fails is not a system drive, see Recovering an Index Server Cloud Node Installed on a Non-System Drive.
- On the node that failed, rebuild the operating system.
Important: Keep the same host name and the same drive.
- On the node that failed, reinstall the Index Store package.
For instructions about installing the Index Store package, see Installing the Index Store Package for Index Server Cloud.
- In the CommCell Browser, go to Storage Resources > Index Store Pools.
- Right-click the Index Store Pool, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties for Index Store Pool Name dialog box appears.
- On the Nodes tab, click the node that failed, and then, above the list of nodes, click the Reconfigure button.
- Perform an in-place restore for the failed node.
For instructions about performing a restore, see Restoring the Index Directory for the Index Server Cloud.
The node is restored to the time of the last Solr backup operation. The next archive job on a given collection replays the logs to retrieve the latest records update.
Last modified: 12/9/2020 11:02:13 AM