Deploying a CentOS or RHEL Machine as a VSA Proxy
You can deploy a Linux machine that runs on CentOS or RHEL to act as a VSA proxy.
Note: For SP17 and more recent service packs, after you install the Virtual Server Agent on a Linux machine and start services, the software checks to see whether Mono is installed and, if necessary, installs the required version of the Mono package. You do not need to install the Mono package manually.
Before You Begin
- To deploy a Linux machine as a VSA proxy, the machine must run one of the following operating system versions:
- CentOS 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, or 8.2
- RHEL 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, or 8.2
To use a machine that runs RHEL 7.7 as a VSA proxy, you must install the pcre-devel-8.32-17.el7.x86_64 package.
For CentOS 8 or RHEL 8 VMs, to install operating system packages that are required to enable automatic installation of Mono, register the VMs with CentOS or Red Hat.
- To add the Mono repository to your system, execute the commands in a root shell.
- More recent versions of Mono are not supported.
- Install base packages:
sudo yum -y groupinstall base
- Import the public key that is used to verify the Mono package to install:
sudo rpm --import "http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF"
- Add and enable a new yum repository from the specified URL:
sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo http://download.mono-project.com/repo/centos/
- Install Mono 5.16:
sudo yum -y install mono-complete-18.104.22.168-0.xamarin.4.epel7
- Remove the Mono repository:
sudo rm /etc/yum.repos.d/download.mono-project.com_repo_centos_.repo
- Install the fuse-libs package:
sudo yum install fuse-libs
- Install the Virtual Server Agent package on the Linux machine.
- Optional: To support live browse operations, or to use the Linux machine as a File Recovery Enabler for Linux (FREL), install the MediaAgent package on the Linux machine.
- Perform a remote install of all currently available Commvault service pack hot fixes on the Linux machine.
For more information, see Add the Mono repository to your system.
Last modified: 11/26/2019 7:39:17 PM