Assigning Security Permissions for ContentStore Mail Server (IMAP)
Before you install the ContentStore Mail Server (IMAP), you must assign role security permissions and associate the role with a domain.
- The required permission is End User Access.
- Even though you can define permissions at the client level, we recommend to define permissions at the agent level or the backupset level.
Creating a new role
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security.
- Right-click Roles, and then click New Role.
The New Roles dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the role.
- In the Permissions area, expand Client, and then select the End User Access check box.
- Click OK.
Associating the new role with a domain
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers.
- Right-click the agent, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box for the agent appears.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Add.
The Add Users and Groups dialog box appears.
- In the Users and Groups area, select the appropriate domain from the top list, and then click Add.
The domain that you select appears in the bottom list.
- In the Role area, select End Users from the list.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/5/2019 8:15:37 PM