Creating a Credential to Access a Network Drive
You can create a credential to access a network drive that you want to assign as a mount path to a disk library. You can also specify a user or a member of a user group who can modify the credential information, such as the credential password and the security permissions. The owner can also assign a new credential owner.
- From the navigation pane, go to Storage targets.
The Storage targets page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add storage, and then select Disk.
The Add disk storage dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will write the data to the disk.
- Click Network path.
- Beside the credential list, click Create new.
The Add credential dialog box appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Credential name: Enter a name for the credential.
- User name and Password: Enter the user name for a user who has write access to the network device.
- Description: Enter a description for the credential.
- Click the expand icon in Security area, and then enter the following information:
- Owner: Select a credential owner. You can use find option to search and select users.
- User/Group: Select users and user groups who can use the credential. You can use find option to search and select users.
- Click Save.
The credential is saved, and the Add disk storage dialog box appears.
Last modified: 7/12/2019 4:22:52 PM