Creating a Credential to Access a Network Drive
You can create a credential to access a network drive that you want to assign as a backup location to a disk storage. You can also specify a user or a member of a user group who can modify the credential information, such as the credential password and the security permissions. The owner can also assign a new credential owner.
- From the navigation pane, go to Storage > Disk > disk_storage.
The disk storage page appears.
- On the Backup locations bar, click Add.
The Add disk dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type the name of the backup location.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will write the data to the storage or you can click + to Add a new MediaAgent.
- To set the disk access path, click Network.
- Click the + sign to create new credentials to access a network drive.
The Add credential dialog box appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Credential name: Enter a name for the credential.
- User name and Password: Enter the user name for a user who has write access to the network device.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/27/2019 5:39:46 PM