Creating an Index Server for the ContentStore Mail Server
After you install the Index Store package, you must configure the index server for ContentStore Mail Server indexing operations. If you configure content indexing, this index server is also used for content indexing operations.
What Is Indexed
- When archived messages are indexed without content indexing enabled, only the metadata is indexed.
- When archived message are content indexed, the entire message is indexed.
Considerations for Index Servers That Were Configured on the MediaAgent
If in a previous Commvault software service pack, you configured the index server on the MediaAgent, when you update to the current service pack, an index server is automatically created under Client Computer Groups > Index Servers in the CommCell Browser. The name of the index server is in the format MediaAgentname_IndexServer.
Before You Begin
- Install the Index Store package on a client in your CommCell environment. For instructions about installing the Index Store package and other information about the index server, see Index Store and Index Server Overview.
- Review the information that you must have before you create an index server.
- Make sure that the client that functions as the index server has enough space allocated to it.
- Make sure that the Web Server can access the index server page. This is http://indexservername:port/solr. For example, http://indexserver:20000/solr. After you create the index server, it might take the Web Server two to three hours to be able to access the index server page.
- The index directory must meet the following requirements:
- The location must be a local, non-root directory on the MediaAgent.
- The location must be empty.
- The path name must not contain any of the following characters:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups.
- Right-click Index Servers, and then click New Index Server.
The Index Server Cloud dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, enter the following information:
- Cloud Name: The name of the index server.
- Storage Policy: You must select a storage policy if you back up your index server content.
- Index Directory: The path on the index server client where indexing data is stored. For example, enter C:\IndexServerDir.
- On the Roles tab, click Add.
The Select Index Server Role dialog box appears.
- From the Exclude list, select IMAP Index, and then click Include.
- Click OK.
- On the Nodes tab, click Add.
The Select Cloud Nodes dialog box appears. The Exclude list includes clients that have the Index Store package installed on them.
- From the Exclude list, select a client, and then click Include.
- Click OK.
The index server that you created appears under the following nodes in the CommCell Browser:
- Client Computer Groups > Index Servers
- Client Computers, right-click Client Computers, click Customize View > Show Index Servers
Last modified: 6/5/2019 8:16:45 PM