Backing Up the Exchange Mailbox Agent Index Server
You can back up the ContentStore Mail Server (IMAP) index server. We recommend that you schedule the backup to run once a week.
You can perform full backups only.
Considerations for Index Servers That Were Configured on the MediaAgent
If in a previous Commvault software service pack, you configured the index server on the MediaAgent, when you update to the current service pack, an index server is automatically created under Client Computer Groups > Index Servers in the CommCell Browser. The name of the index server is in the format MediaAgentname_IndexServer.
By default, backing up this index server is disabled. You must enable backup at the client level for this type of index server.
Before You Begin
- Configure the index server for the Exchange Mailbox Agent.
- Run an archiving job.
- If necessary, enable backing up the index server by doing the following:
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups > Index Servers.
- Right-click the index_server, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Activity Control tab, select the Enable backup check box.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Under Job Initiation, define whether the backup job runs immediately or if it is scheduled.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
- Optional: To run your backup options from a command line interface, click Save As Script.
- Click OK.
If you chose to run the job immediately, the backup starts now.
If you chose to run the job according to a schedule, the backup runs according to the schedule that you defined.
Last modified: 6/5/2019 8:16:22 PM