Creating an Alert in the ServiceNow Commvault Application
You can create a Commvault alert, which can be used to create a ServiceNow incident.
- From the Commvault ServiceNow navigation pane, go to Subscribe CV Alerts.
The Alerts list appears.
- Click the Add alert button.
The Add alert dialog box appears.
- In the Alert name field, enter a name for the new alert.
- In the Email field, enter the email of the ServiceNow instance.
In addition to sending an alert email to the ServiceNow instance email, the system creates a ServiceNow incident for the alert. For example, if you create an alert with a criteria of Backup Job Failed (see step 6, below), then a ServiceNow incident is created when a backup job fails for that CommCell instance.
Note: ServiceNow creates an incident only if the inbound email action for Create Incident is set to Active. To set this action, go to Email > Inbound Actions.
- Optional: To enter additional email addresses to send alerts to, in the Email field, enter the addresses, separated by semi-colons (;).
- From the Choose alert criteria list, select an alert criteria.
- Click the Add button.
Last modified: 9/12/2019 6:41:46 PM