Configuring a Syslog Server
You can configure a syslog server that can receive the system alerts, the audit trail, and the events.
Before You Begin
- In a CommCell environment, to connect to a syslog server, you must use a UDP port. You can not connect through a TCP port.
- You cannot use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption.
- Verify that the CommServe server can connect to the host or the IP address and port number of the syslog server that you plan to configure.
- You must use one of the following syslog servers:
- ArcSight Syslog Server
- Kiwi Syslog Server
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Syslog server tile.
The Syslog server page appears.
- Enter the details of the syslog server:
- In the Hostname box, type the hostname or the IP address of the syslog server.
- In the Port box, type the server port.
- Move the Enable toggle key to the right.
- For Forward to Syslog, select the log types that you want to forward to the syslog server.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 6/3/2020 9:59:36 AM