Restoring a PostgreSQL Server to a Disk (Application-Free Restore)
You can browse and restore backed up data to a disk for an entire database or for individual databases.
For an IntelliSnap subclient or a block-level enabled subclient, you can restore only transaction logs to a disk. For a regular subclient, you can restore both data and logs to a disk.
Before You Begin
- Perform a backup.
- Verify that the PostgreSQL software version on the destination is the same version or higher than the software version.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click an instance.
The instance page appears.
- In the Backup sets section, click FSBasedBackupSet.
The FSBasedBackupSet page appears.
- Click Backup history.
The Job history page appears.
- Right-click a job ID, and then click Restore.
The Select databases to restore from page appears.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- On the Restore to disk tab, complete the following steps:
- From the Destination Client list, select the destination host for the restore.
- In the Destination folder box, type or browse the folder where you want to restore the data.
- Optional: To restore only the log files, select the Restore transaction logs only check box.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 2/18/2021 7:07:17 AM