Configuring a PostgreSQL Database Instance to Run Backup Operations on a Standby Server
You can configure an instance to run backup operations from a standby server.
You cannot run a block-level backup operation from a standby server.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click an instance for which you want to run backup operations from a standby server.
The instance page appears.
- On the Overview tab, click Edit.
The Edit PostgreSQL instance dialog box appears.
- Move the Enable standby backup toggle key to the right, and then select the standby instance that you want to run backup operations on.
- Optional: To run a backup operation from the master server if standby Commvault services are not available, select the Use the master server if the standby server is not available check box.
- Optional: To run a log backup operation from the master server, select the Always use master for log backup check box.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 2/18/2021 7:07:13 AM