Preventing Backup Operations for a Company
To prevent backup operations from running during certain time periods of the day, tenant administrators can define blackout window rules for a company. By default, backup operations in the Command Center run for 24 hours without restriction.
If you create a blackout window, the backup operations that would start within the blackout window go into a queued state. After the blackout window ends, the queued operations automatically resume.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Blackout window tile.
The Blackout window page appears.
- Click Add.
The Blackout window dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the blackout window.
- In a multi-tenant environment, to create the blackout window for a specific company, from the Create for company list, select the company.
Note: The Create for company list is available only in multi-tenant environments, and only at the system level.
- For Backup operations, select the backup types to include in the blackout window.
- Under Do not run job, select the days, weeks, and times to include in the blackout window.
- To enable the blackout window for dates, move the Between these dates toggle key to the right, and then enter dates in the Start date and End date boxes.
- To skip the jobs that are scheduled to run during the blackout window, instead of putting them into a queued state, move the Do not submit job toggle key to the right.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/30/2020 7:28:21 PM