Recovery Target Options for VMware
When you configure a recovery target for VMware, provide VMware-specific values for the destination site.
- Test failover is supported only for replication to VMware destinations.
- To configure an isolated network for test failover operations, download a gateway template and copy it to a location where it can be accessed from the Command Center.
- Select vendor: Select VMware.
- Recovery target name: Enter a descriptive name for the destination site (for example, DR site 1).
- Destination hypervisor: Select a hypervisor for the destination VMs.
- Access node: Select a proxy to perform operations for the recovery target.
- Users and user groups: Select items from the list and click OK to associate users or user groups with the recovery target.
- VM display name: Select Prefix or Suffix, and then enter a string to append to source VMs to create the display name for each destination VM.
- Destination host: Enter the name or IP address for an ESX server, or click Browse to select an ESX host or cluster for the hypervisor.
- Datastore: Select a datastore for virtual machine data. By default, virtual machine disks (VMDKs) for the destination VM are added to the same datastore where the source VM disks resided; but you can specify a different datastore.
- Resource pool: Select a resource pool for all destination VMs.
- VM folder: To restore to a folder, click Browse and select the destination folder.
- Destination network: Select a network that is available for the destination.
If you select Not Connected or do not select a destination network, virtual machines are restored with network interfaces in disconnected state.
Live Mount Options/Test Failover Options
- Expiration time: To enable a destination to be used for live mount or test failover operations, select Hours or Days and specify the amount of time that live mounted VMs can run before they expire.
To keep VMs available beyond the expiry time, specify the expiration time in days and then select the Migrate VMs option.
- No of VMs (per user): Select the number of concurrent VMs that each user can run on the recovery target. This option is available only for live mount operations.
- MediaAgent (Optional): To use a specific MediaAgent for live mounts, select this option and then choose a MediaAgent from the list.
- Migrate VMs: To enable live mounted VMs to be mounted to the destination datastore for extended availability, select this option.
This option is only available when the expiration time is specified in days.
Virtual Lab Options
- Configure isolated network: To use an isolated network with VMs mounted for a virtual lab or test failover operation, select this option and then provide the following settings:
- Gateway template: Click Browse to select a gateway template.
- Gateway network: Select the network.
- Configure existing network: To use an existing network with VMs mounted for a virtual lab or test failover operation, select this option, and then from the Network list, select a network.
Virtualize Me Options
- Maximum number of CPUs: For Virtualize Me, specify the maximum number of CPUs that can be specified by users for the destination VM.
- Auto select maximum memory: To determine the maximum memory automatically, based on the specifications of the source machine, move the toggle key to the right.
- Maximum memory: To manually specify the maximum memory for the destination VM, enter a value.
- Iso path (Windows): Click Browse to select the path for the Windows ISO file.
- Iso path (Unix): Click Browse to select the path for the UNIX ISO file.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 7:16:23 PM