Adding a MediaAgent
For scalability, you can install more than one MediaAgent in a CommCell environment. MediaAgent provides high performance data movement and manages the data storage.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Infrastructure.
The Infrastructure page appears.
- Click the MediaAgent tile.
The MediaAgent page appears.
- In the upper-right corner, click Install MediaAgent.
The Install MediaAgent dialog box appears.
- In the Host name box, type the complete host name of the computer where you have to install the MediaAgent.
- In the User name box, type the credentials required to login to the computer where you want to install the MediaAgent.
- In the Password box, type the password required to login to the computer where you want to install the MediaAgent.
- Select the OS Type and use the Reboot if required slider to reboot the computer after installing the MediaAgent.
- Click Install.
A job number is displayed. You can click the job number to view the job progress.
After the MediaAgent is installed, it is visible under the MediaAgent list.
Last modified: 10/12/2020 7:18:46 PM