Conversion Process for VMware Destinations
When you restore a VM from a different hypervisor to create a VMware VM, the conversion process includes operations to copy configuration settings and VM data.
The conversion process includes the following stages:
- Determine the operating system for the converted VM.
- Create the VM.
- Select a SCSI controller that is compatible with the guest operating system that you selected for the conversion.
- Add disks to the VM.
- Write data.
- Apply a generalized configuration file.
- Reconfigure the VM to apply CPU, memory, and network settings similar to the source VM.
- Customize the VM to modify the IP address, start drivers, and modify the destination computer name.
Last modified: 8/9/2019 4:37:41 PM