Options for Conversion to VMware
When you restore a VM from a different hypervisor to VMware, provide VMware-specific values for the restore operation.
- Restore as: Select VMware vCenter.
- Destination: Select a VMware hypervisor.
- Access node (Optional): Select a different proxy from the list.
By default, the preferred VSA proxy for the hypervisor is used for the restore.
The proxy must be able to connect to the vCenter.
- VM display name: Type a new virtual machine name in the box.
If an existing VM with the same name exists on the destination host and you do not select Overwrite VMs if they already exist, the restore job fails.
- Destination host: Click Browse to select the ESX server.
- Datastore: Select a datastore for the restored VM and disks.
- Resource pool: Select a resource pool.
- VM folder path: Click Browse to select the destination folder.
- Network settings: Map the network for source VMs to a different network for destination VMs.
- IP address settings: Map IP addresses as described in IP address settings.
- Operating system: Select the VM operating system.
The operating system you choose determines the type of SCSI controller that the conversion process selects for the converted VM.
If you select the Auto option and the disk operating system type cannot be determined from the configuration file, the job fails. Select the correct operating during the restore and resubmit the job.
- Power on VMs after restore: To start the VM automatically, enable this option.
- Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists: To delete an existing virtual machine and replace it with the restored VM, enable this option.
- Disk Provisioning: Select Original or select a specific disk format.
- Transport mode for VMware: Use Auto (the default) or select a transport mode.
Last modified: 9/30/2019 8:17:29 PM