Options for Conversion to Azure
When you restore a VM from a different hypervisor to Azure, provide Azure-specific values for the restore operation.
To restore Azure VMs to a specific region, verify that all of the components in the setup (CommServe computer, VSA proxies) have been upgraded to Service Pack 18.
Note: After upgrading to Service Pack 18, it is not necessary to make changes to the existing recovery targets, replication groups, or Live Sync schedules.
- Restore as: Select Azure Resource Manager.
- Destination: Select the Azure hypervisor for the converted VM.
- Access node (Optional): To change the proxy from the default value (which is the preferred VSA proxy for the hypervisor that is used for the restore), select a proxy from the list.
- If you are restoring multiple VMs, click the All VMs tab in the lower-left area of the page to specify configuration values for all VMs that you are restoring, or the name of each VM to specify values individually. Specify the following values:
- Enable edit destination VM name (for all VMs): To change the names of all destination VMs, select this option, select Prefix or Suffix, and then enter a string to be appended to the original display name to create new destination VM names.
- VM display name (for individual VMs): To change the name of an individual VM, enter the new display name in the box.
- Resource group: To specify the resource group for the restored VM, enter a name in the box.
- Region: Select the region for the restored VM.
- Storage account: Select an Azure Standard or Premium general-purpose storage account. You can select a different storage account for each virtual machine and disk.
The storage accounts listed are only those associated with the selected region for the restored VM.
- VM size: Select a size specification for the restored virtual machine.
- Network interface: Select a network connection for the restored VM, or leave the default value of Auto Select.
- Create public IP: If a public IP address is not required on restored VMs, clear the check box.
- Security group: Specify a network security group for the restored VM or leave the default value of Auto Select.
- Restore as a managed VM: To create the destination VM as a managed VM in Azure, select the check box.
When you select this option, the restore operation creates virtual machine disks in the specified storage account, and then converts them to managed disks and attaches the disks to the restored virtual machine.
- Power on VMs after restore: Start the VM automatically when the restore completes.
- Overwrite VMs if they already exist: Delete an existing virtual machine and replace it with the restored VM.
Last modified: 12/18/2019 7:42:40 PM