Including Windows OS and SQL Server Updates When Installing Commvault Feature and Maintenance Releases
You can install Windows OS and Microsoft SQL Server Updates when you install Commvault feature releases and maintenance releases on a backup appliance, CommServe server, Web Server, or MediaAgent server.
Windows operating system updates are supported on Windows Server 2016 Version 1607. Microsoft SQL Server updates are supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers.
The Servers page appears.
- In the Name column, click the server to install Windows OS and SQL Server updates on.
The server properties page appears.
- On the Configuration tab, in the Administration section, select the following configuration options:
- Manage Windows OS updates: Select this option to install Windows OS updates when you install Commvault feature releases and maintenance releases.
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server updates: Select this option to install MS SQL Server updates when you install Commvault feature releases.
- On some setups, you might need to reboot the server.
Last modified: 3/12/2020 8:16:06 PM