Creating Schedule Policies for Auxiliary Copies
Schedule Policy for Auxiliary Copies provide scheduling templates for auxiliary copy operations in a CommCell. This type of policy is useful when there are many storage policies within a CommCell that require the same schedules for auxiliary copy operations.
If you associate a schedule policy with a storage policy, all copies including any future copies will use the same auxiliary copy schedule.
- Note:If you are upgrading to the latest service pack, then all previous auxiliary copy schedules will convert to use the Scalable Resource Allocation option. If the schedule or the schedule policy has a V10 MediaAgent, then that schedule or schedule policy is not converted to use the Scalable Resource Allocation option. However, if you have a V10 MediaAgent and a user creates a schedule or a schedule policy with the Scalable Resource Allocation option enabled, then the system will not honor this auxiliary copy optimization option.
Also, if you disable Scalable Resource Allocation option manually, the system will automatically reset it as enabled.
Before You Begin
You must have appropriate permissions to create a schedule policy. For information on permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature: Schedule Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies.
- Right-click Schedule Policies and click New Schedule Policy.
- Type a name for the schedule policy in the Name box.
- From the Type list, select Auxiliary Copy.
- Type an appropriate description in the Description box.
- Click Add.
- Type a name in the Schedule Name box and select the appropriate scheduling options.
- From the <Schedule Policy Type> Options dialog box, click the General tab and select the auxiliary copy options that apply to your environment.
Note: You can create schedule patterns in a Schedule policy. Automatic auxiliary copy schedules cannot be added to a schedule policy. Use either the Automatic Schedules for Auxiliary Copies or System Created Automatic Auxiliary Copy Schedule Policy to create automatic schedules for auxiliary copies.
- Click OK.
- From the New Schedule Policy dialog box, click the Associations tab.
- Select the storage policies (primary or auxiliary copy) to associate with the schedule policy.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/18/2019 6:06:36 PM