Restoring Azure Active Directory to Its Current Location (In Place)
Restore your backed up objects or attributes to the original location iin Azure Active Directory. You can perform in-place restores using the Azure Active Directory application.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Active Directory.
The Active Directory page appears.
- In the Actions column, click the action button , and then click Restore.
- From the App Registrations list, select a folder to view the objects.
The folders that are available are App registrations, Groups, Enterprise applications, and Users.
Tip: If you select a folder check box, all objects and attributes of the object are selected automatically. To restore particular objects, select the objects instead of the folder.
- Optional: To find specific objects, in the Search all box, type the name of the folder, or you can use the Object ID box to search for objects based on the ID number.
- Click Search.
When you select an individual object, you can view the attributes of the object in the Object Properties page. If you select multiple objects, the object attributes are not displayed.
- To see backed up data for a specific time range, in the upper-right corner of the page, click Showing backup as of date:
- To see the most recent backup, click Show latest backups.
- To see backups from a specific date, click Show backups as of a specific date, select a date, and then select the backup.
- To see a backup from a date range, click Show backups for a date range, select a date range, and then select the backup.
- To hide deleted items, click the action button , and then click Hide deleted items.
- Optional: Toggle the Include deleted items key to browse the objects that were deleted.
- Click Restore.
The Restore dialog box appears.
- If the object already exists in the destination location, choose one of the following options:
- To overwrite objects in Azure AD during the restore operation, click Overwrite unconditionally to overwrite the files on the destination folder.
- To skip the restore of files in the destination location, click Skip.
- To restore the relationships of all objects, attributes, and organizational units, toggle the Restore Relationship option to the right.
- Click Confirm Restore.
Last modified: 5/20/2021 10:51:56 PM