Performing Restores for the Azure Active Directory Application
Restore your backed up objects to the original location on Azure Active Directory. You can perform only in-place restores using the Azure Active Directory application.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Active Directory > app.
The client details page appears.
- Under Recovery Points, select the time range, and then click Restore.
The Backup Content page appears.
- Alternately, go to Protect > Applications > Active Directory, in the Actions column, click the action button , and then click Restore.
- From the App Registrations list, select a folder to view the objects.
The folders that are available are App registrations, Groups, Enterprise applications, and Users.
- In the Name column, if you select a folder check box, all objects and attributes of the object are selected automatically. To restore particular objects, select the objects.
- Optional: To find specific objects, in the Search all box, type the name of the folder, or you can use the Object ID box to search for objects based on the ID number.
- Click Search.
When you select an individual object, you can view the attributes of the object in the Object Properties page. If you select multiple objects, the object attributes are not displayed.
- To see backed up data for a specific time range, in the upper-right corner of the page, click Showing backup as of date :
- To see the most recent backup, click Show latest backups.
- To see backups from a specific date, click Show backups as of a specific date, select a date, and then select the backup.
- To see a backup from a date range, click Show backups for a date range, select a date range, and then select the backup.
- By default, you can view the deleted data from previous backups. To hide deleted items, click the action button , and then click Hide deleted items.
- Optional: Toggle the Include deleted items key to browse the objects that were deleted.
- Click Restore.
The Restore dialog box appears.
- If the object already exists in the destination location, choose one of the following options:
- To overwrite objects on the Azure AD during the restore operation, click Overwrite unconditionally to overwrite the files on the destination folder.
- To skip the restore of files in the destination location, click Skip.
- To restore the relationships of all objects, attributes, and organizational units, toggle the Restore Relationship option to the right.
- Click Confirm Restore.
Last modified: 6/8/2020 3:15:54 PM