Creating an Amazon RDS Pseudoclient
Create an Amazon RDS virtualization client to function as the pseudoclient and add the client computer that has the Virtual Server package installed as the proxy.
Before You Begin
Configure the permissions to access AWS resources. You can download the amazon_rds_dumpbased_backup_restore_permissions.json file and use it on the AWS command line to apply all of the permissions.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then go to New Client > Virtualization > Amazon.
The Create Amazon Client dialog box appears.
- In the Client Name box, enter the name of the Amazon RDS instance.
- In the Regions box, enter the regions.
- To connect to the client, under Authentication, select an authentication method:
- To use an IAM role, select IAM Role.
- To use an access key and a secret access key, select Access and Secret Key, and then enter the Access Key and the Secret Key values for the Amazon account.
- Under Proxies, click Add.
The Select Clients/Client Groups dialog box appears.
- Select the client computer that has the Virtual Server package installed, and then click Include.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in the Create Amazon Client dialog box.
Last modified: 8/13/2019 11:37:00 AM