Cataloging RMAN Backup Pieces from a List of Backup Job IDs
You can run a Commvault script to create an RMAN script that catalogs Oracle backup pieces to the RMAN repository. The backup pieces are cataloged using a list of backup job IDs that you enter.
Before You Begin
Determine the IDs of the backup jobs whose backup pieces you want to catalog.
- Change directory to the agent directory.
For example, you can enter the following:
where commvault_home_dir is the Commvault home directory, such as /opt/commvault.
- Run the Oracle tools script:
The tool displays the following menu:
Select one of the below operations to execute:
1. Generate RMAN script for cataloging backup pieces of a Job
2. Convert an instant clone to permanent clone
Enter your choice [0-2]:
- Enter 1 to generate the RMAN cataloging script.
Enter Backup JobId1[,JobId2,...]:appears:
- Enter one or more IDs of the jobs whose backup pieces you want to catalog, separated by commas.
For example, you can enter 1280,1281.
Enter output file path to write RMAN script:appears.
- Enter the fully qualified file name of the catalog script that will be created.
For example, you can enter /tmp/rman_catalog.out.
The script creates the cataloging script, displays the script's file name, and then displays a menu of options.
- Enter 0 to exit the script.
- Run the cataloging script that you just created:
rman target / cmdfile=catalog_script
where catalog_script is the fully qualified file name of the RMAN script that you just created.
For example, you can enter the following command:
rman target / cmdfile=/tmp/rman_catalog.out
Last modified: 10/30/2020 3:00:54 PM