Interactive Installation Using the Installation Package on UNIX Client
You can configure a direct connection from the client to the CommServe computer during an interactive installation using the Commvault installation package on a UNIX client.
- On the Network Configuration page of the installation wizard, select Yes, and then click Next.
The This machine can open connection to CommServe on tunnel port option is selected. Click Next to continue.
- On the CommServe Client Name page, specify the name of the CommServe computer and click Next.
- On the CommServe Host Name page, specify the fully qualified domain name or IP address of the CommServe computer and click Next.
- On the Port to Open Tunnel to CommServe page, in the CommServe HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number option, specify the incoming port number on which the CommServe computer will receive tunnel connections, and then click Next.
- On the Deciding If to Configure HTTP Proxy page, if the client is separated from the CommServe computer by an HTTP proxy, select Yes, and then click Next. Otherwise, select No and continue with the client installation.
After you accept to configure HTTP proxy, on the Setting HTTP Proxy Configuration page, complete the following steps:
- In the HTTP Proxy Host Name or IP address option, specify the host name or IP address of the HTTP proxy.
- In the HTTP Proxy Port Number box, specify the port number of the HTTP proxy.
- Click Next.
- Continue with the client installation.
- Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (Client to CommServe) Using a Predefined Network Topology
- Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (Client to CommServe) Using Basic Firewall Settings
- Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (Client to CommServe) Using Advanced Firewall Settings
Last modified: 8/20/2019 6:41:23 PM