Remote Installation Using the CommCell Console
You can configure a direct connection from the CommServe computer to the client during a remote installation of the Commvault software using the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- You must create a placeholder for the client that will receive connections from the CommServe computer. Follow the appropriate instructions based on the type of network route configuration:
- If you plan to use a predefined network topology, see Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (CommServe to Client) Using a Predefined Network Topology. You must configure the topology and then create a placeholder.
- If you plan to use advanced settings, see Setting up Connections on the CommServe Computer.
- You must open some network ports. For more information, see Review Firewall and Network Port Requirements.
- On the Network Route Configuration page of the installation wizard, select the There is Firewall between Client machine and CommServe check box, and then click the CommServe can open connection towards client machines option.
- In the Local HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number box, specify a local port number on which the client will receive communication from the CommServe computer.
- Click Next to continue with the client installation.
Last modified: 8/20/2019 6:23:26 PM