Interactive Installation Using the Installation Package on Windows Client
You can configure a direct connection from the CommServe computer to the client during an interactive installation using the Commvault installation package on a Windows client.
Before You Begin
You must create a placeholder for the client that will receive connections from the CommServe computer. Follow the appropriate instructions based on the type of network route configuration:
- If you plan to use a predefined network topology, see Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (CommServe to Client) Using a Predefined Network Topology. You must configure the topology and then create a placeholder.
- If you plan to use advanced settings, see Setting up Connections on the CommServe Computer.
- On the Network Configuration page of the installation wizard, select the Configure Communication services check box, click CommServe can open connection toward this machine, and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Client Computer Information page, complete the following steps:
- In the Client Name box, specify the name of the client computer.
- In the Host Name box, specify the fully qualified domain name or IP address of the client.
- Proceed to the next page.
- On the CommServe Information page, in the CommServe Client Name box, specify the name of the CommServe computer and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Network Connection Information page, in the Local HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number box, specify a local port number on which the client will receive communication from the CommServe computer, and then proceed to the next page.
- Continue with the client installation.
Last modified: 8/20/2019 6:33:48 PM