Interactive Installation Using the Installation Package on UNIX Client
You can configure a direct connection from the CommServe computer to the client during an interactive installation using the Commvault installation package on a UNIX client.
Before You Begin
You must create a placeholder for the client that will receive connections from the CommServe computer. Follow the appropriate instructions based on the type of network route configuration:
- If you plan to use a predefined network topology, see Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (CommServe to Client) Using a Predefined Network Topology. You must configure the topology and then create a placeholder.
- If you plan to use advanced settings, see Setting up Connections on the CommServe Computer.
- On the Network Configuration page of the installation wizard, select Yes, and then click Next.
- Select CommServe can open connections toward us, and then click Next.
- On the CommServe Client Name page, enter the name of the CommServe computer, and then click Next.
Note: Do not enter the IP or CommServe host name.
- On the Port for CommServe to Open Tunnel to Client page, in the Local HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number option, specify a local port number on which the client will receive communication from the CommServe computer, and then click Next.
- Continue with the client installation.
Last modified: 8/20/2019 6:33:06 PM