Unattended Installation Using a Custom Package on Windows Client
You can configure a direct connection from the CommServe computer to the client during an unattended installation using a custom package on a Windows client.
Before You Begin
You must create a placeholder for the client that will receive connections from the CommServe computer. Follow the appropriate instructions based on the type of network route configuration:
- If you plan to use a predefined network topology, see Setting up a One-Way Direct Connection (CommServe to Client) Using a Predefined Network Topology. You must configure the topology and then create a placeholder.
- If you plan to use advanced settings, see Setting up Connections on the CommServe Computer.
From the command prompt on the Windows client, run the following command:
Setup.exe /silent /play install.xml /fwtype 1 /csclientname <CS clientname> /tunnelport <tunnelport> /authcode <authcode>
fwtype 1means that the CommServe computer can open a tunnel to this client (required)
- <CS clientname> is the CommServe client name (optional)
- <tunnelport> is the tunnel port of the local client (optional)
- <authcode> is the authcode of the CommCell or company (optional)
Note: If you run the command without optional parameters, the installation procedure will use recorded information from the custom package.
Last modified: 9/5/2019 7:01:54 PM