Creating a Storage Policy Copy Using a Global Secondary Copy Policy
To run the secondary copy operation, you must create a storage policy copy and set it up to use the data paths of a global secondary policy copy. To efficiently manage the life cycle of the tape media, associate storage policy copies with similar retention configurations to a global secondary copy policy.
Alternatively, you can automate storage policy copy creation and set it up to use the data paths of a global secondary policy by using the configuration XML. For more information, see Creating a Storage Policy Copy Using a Global Secondary Copy Policy Through the Command Line Interface.
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have created a global secondary copy policy using a tape network storage pool, which will be associated to the storage policy copy. For more information, see Creating Global Secondary Copy Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy and click All Tasks > Create New Copy.
- On the General tab, set up the storage policy copy:
- In the Copy Name box, type a name for the copy.
- Select the Use Global Secondary Copy Policy check box, and then select a tape network storage pool from the list.
- Click OK.
The storage policy copy appears under the appropriate storage policy.
What to Do Next
After creating the storage policy copy, run the secondary copy operation for all storage policies that contain the secondary copies. For more information, see Running the Auxiliary Copy.
Last modified: 1/16/2020 9:36:30 AM