Running the Auxiliary Copy
Run the auxiliary copy operation to consolidate the backups from multiple storage policy copies with different retention rules on one media.
Before You Begin
Ensure that secondary copies of all the storage policy copies are set up to use the global secondary copy policy. For more information, see Creating a Storage Policy Copy Using a Global Secondary Copy Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the storage_policy, point to All Tasks and then click Run Auxiliary Copy.
- On the General tab of the Auxiliary Copy dialog box, select the following:
- From the Select Source MediaAgent list, ensure that the MediaAgent that was configured for primary copy is selected .
- Select Select A Copy, and select a secondary copy that is pointing to global secondary copy policy.
- On the Job Initiation tab, ensure that the Immediate option is selected.
- Click OK to run the auxiliary copy operation.
Last modified: 10/10/2019 10:23:44 AM