Performing Backup Operations for NDMP
You can run backups immediately (on-demand). However, if there is a plan associated with the NDMP subclients, backup operations are run according to the plan, and manually running backup operations is not required.
The following types of backup operations are available for NDMP:
- Full Backup: Backups start with a full backup. The full backup becomes a baseline to which subsequent backup types are applied. For example, a full backup must be performed before an incremental backup can be performed.
- Incremental Backup: An incremental backup contains only data that is new or that changed since the last backup, regardless of the type. On average, incremental backups use less storage and use fewer resources than full backups.
- Differential Backup: A differential backup contains only the data that is new or that changed since the last full backup. Like incremental backups, differential backups use less storage and use fewer resources than full backups.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File Servers.
The File servers page appears.
- In the Actions column for the NAS client, click the action button , and then click Back up.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Under Backup level, choose the type of backup operation:
- To perform a full backup, select Full.
- To perform an incremental backup, select Incremental.
- To perform a differential backup, select Differential.
- Optional: To receive an email message when the backup operation is complete, select the When the job completes, notify me via email check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 11/26/2019 8:05:51 PM