Configuring the SRDF/Metro Feature in the Commvault Software
To use the Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF)/Metro feature, you need to perform the configuration steps that the Dell EMC documentation describes. On the Commvault software, you need to add the arrays in Array Management, and then verify that the snapshot configuration property is set.
Before You Begin
- If you are using a dedicated Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S) provider, then the client computer and the proxy computer or Remote Snap MA must have access to the SMI-S control host in both the local and the remote arrays.
- For the embedded SMI-S provider, the client computer and the proxy computer or Remote Snap MA must have access to both storage arrays.
- Configure the array software for the SRDF/Metro configuration according to the Dell EMC documentation.
Go to the EMC website and search for "SRDF/Metro configuration".
- On the Commvault software, do the following:
- Add the local storage array in Array Management.
- Add the remote storage array in Array Management.
- To turn the SRDF/Metro feature on, clear the Do not create SRDF/Metro secondary snap snapshot configuration property.
Last modified: 2/19/2020 10:33:19 PM