Requiring a Passkey as a Laptop Device Owner
You can require a passkey for browsing and restoring data on your computer. After you enable the passkey feature and create the passkey, share the passkey with the required computer users.
If your administrator also requires a passkey for performing browse and restore operations on your computer, your passkey takes precedence. Alternatively, if you have not enabled and created a passkey yet, then you can ignore the passkey created by your administrator and create your own passkey.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Laptop.
The Laptop page appears.
- Click the computer that you want to require a passkey for.
The computer properties page appears.
- In the Passkey section, move the Require passkey for restores toggle key to the right.
The Set passkey dialog box appears.
- In the Passkey and Confirm passkey boxes, enter a passkey, and then click Submit.
The Confirm create passkey dialog box appears.
- Click Yes.
The Authorize for restore toggle key appears.
- To enable users to browse and restore backup data for 30 minutes after passkey authorization, move the Authorize for restore toggle key to the right.
The Authorize for restore dialog box appears.
- In the Passkey box, enter the passkey, and then click Save.
Last modified: 6/30/2020 6:24:40 PM