Requiring a Passkey as a Tenant Administrator
To enable passkey authorization whenever a user browses and restores backup data on a client computer of your company, enable the Require passkey for restores setting at the company level and configure a new passkey. You must share the passkey with the users that need to restore backup data on client computers that belong to your company.
Note: A client owner can also enable the Require passkey for restores setting for their client computer. When both the client owner and tenant administrator enable the Require passkey for restores setting, the client owner passkey takes precedence over the tenant administrator passkey. Subsequently, the tenant administrator must enter the passkey created by the client owner to restore backup data.
When you enable the Require passkey for restores setting, the Authorize for restore setting appears. The Authorize for restore setting enforces a passkey verification only once during a 30-minute duration. After 30 minutes elapse, a user must enter the passkey again to continue accessing and restoring backup data on the client computer.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Companies.
The Companies page appears.
- Click the company for which you want to configure a passkey for all its client computers.
- Scroll down to the Passkey section and move the Require passkey for restores toggle key to the right.
The Set passkey dialog box appears.
- Enter a new passkey in the Passkey and Confirm passkey fields, and then click Submit.
The Confirm create passkey dialog box appears.
- Click Yes.
The Authorize for restore toggle key appears.
- To enable a user to browse and restore backup data for 30 minutes after passkey authorization, move the Authorize for restore toggle key to the right.
The Authorize for restore dialog box appears.
- In the Passkey field, enter the passkey, and then click Save.
When a user tries to restore data on your Laptop computer, the user must enter the passkey. If you selected Authorize for restore, then the user can continue to access and restore backup data for 30 minutes after passkey authorization.
Last modified: 2/17/2021 12:20:12 PM