Configuring Inline Backup Copy Operations
You can configure inline backup copy operations when you run a backup operation.
You can run inline backup copy operations for primary snapshot copies, but not for secondary snapshot copies. If a previously selected snapshot has not been copied to media, the current IntelliSnap job will complete without creating the backup copy and you need to create an offline backup copy for the current backup.
Before You Begin
Select the Backup Copy option on the storage policy. See Configuring a Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent > instance or backup_set.
- Right-click the appropriate subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Option for Subclient: subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select the following:
- In the Select Backup Type area, select Full.
- In the Job initiation area, select Immediate.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Backup Options dialog box appears.
- On the Data tab of the Advanced Backup Options dialog box, select the Create Backup Copy immediately check box, and then select one of the following options:
- Start Backup Copy job based on Storage Policy Rules: If there are any previous snapshots that are not yet backup copied, then the snapshot that is created by this IntelliSnap backup operation is not backup copied immediately. If you want, you can run an offline backup copy operation at a later time for this snapshot job.
- Start Backup Copy job with the current job: Even if there are any previous snapshots that are not yet backup copied, the snapshot of this IntelliSnap backup operation is backup copied immediately. Previous snapshots that were not backup copied are unpicked and cannot be backup copied after this operation.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Note: You can track the progress of the job, by going to the CommCell Console ribbon, clicking the Home tab, and then clicking Job Controller. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller displays Completed.
Last modified: 10/17/2019 8:20:21 PM