Cloning a Data-Masking Policy for Salesforce
You can clone an existing data masking policy to create a new one.
Caution: The changes that data masking makes to the data are irreversible and might destroy the data. Data masking is intended for restoring production data to a sandbox.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud apps > Salesforce.
The Apps page appears.
- In the Name column, click the app.
The app details page appears.
- In the Type column, select the instance.
The instance details page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Data masking policies.
The Data masking policies page appears.
- For the policy that you want to clone, click the action button , and then select Clone.
The Add masking policy dialog appears, displaying the current configuration for the policy. The Policy name box displays the selected policy with "_Clone" added to the policy name. You can change this policy name.
- From the Backupset list, select the backup set that contains the data that you want to mask.
If there is a single backup set for the instance, the backup set is automatically selected.
- To mask additional objects and fields, click Add, and then add the objects and fields to mask:
The Add configuration dialog box appears.
- From the Object list, select an object to be masked.
- From the Fields list, select the fields to mask.
- From the Type list, select the type of masking to use.
If you selected more than one field, only the data-masking types that are applicable to all the selected fields are shown.
- If the data masking type requires inputs, enter the inputs:
- If you selected Fixed string, in the String box, type the string to use as a replacement.
- If you selected Numeric range, in the Min and Max boxes, enter the minimum and maximum values to use to generate the random number.
- If you selected Numeric variance, in the Max percentage box, enter the maximum percentage to use to vary the data.
- Click Add.
- To delete a configuration, click the action button , and then click Delete.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/6/2019 4:44:21 PM