Configuring a Licensing Limit for Multiple CommCell Environments
You can configure a client computer group licensing limit to work across multiple CommCell environments.
About This Task
For each client computer group in a CommCell environment, the member limit and the individual consumption are reported to the Metrics Reporting Server. The Metrics Reporting Server uses the information from each CommCell environment to determine the global limit and to calculate the aggregate consumption for each client computer group. Then, the global limit and aggregate consumption for each client computer group are passed to each CommCell environment. If the member limit and the global limit are different, the global limit is used.
If a client is a member of multiple client computer groups in a CommCell environment, the client computer group with the highest limit is used for that client.
Important: When limits are changed for client computer groups in a CommCell environment, there is a 24 hour delay in reporting the new limit to the Metrics Reporting Server.
- Member limit: The limit set for a client computer group in one CommCell environment.
- Global limit: The most recent member limit set for a client computer group across all CommCell environments.
- Individual consumption: The size of data backed up for a client computer group in one CommCell environment.
- Aggregate consumption: The total size of data backed up for a client computer group across all CommCell environments.
Before You Begin
In each CommCell environment you want to monitor, do the following:
- Create a client computer group using the same client group name across all of the CommCell environments.
For information on creating a client group, see Creating a Client Computer Group.
What to Do Next
- Set a client computer group backup limit.
- To monitor the license limit across multiple CommCell environments, configure the Client Group Quota Usage report.
Last modified: 1/2/2018 8:24:19 PM