Performing DynamoDB Backups
You can perform a full backup or an incremental backup of Amazon DynamoDB tables.
Before You Begin
To perform an incremental backup on a DynamoDB table, you must have enabled Streams on the table and set the stream type to either New image or New and old images. If streams is not enabled or if the streams are not set to the expected type, a full backup is performed on the table.
For more information on enabling DynamoDB table streams, see the Amazon documentation, Enabling a Stream.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Databases.
- Select the row of the DynamoDB instance that you want to backup.
- In the Actions column for the database instance that you want to back up, click the action button , and then click Back up.
The Backup dialog box appears.
- Select the table group that you want to back up, and then click Select.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Under Backup level, select the type of backup that you want to perform, and then click OK.
Last modified: 1/25/2021 6:05:51 PM