Converting to Alibaba Cloud ECS from VMware
When restoring a virtual machine from a backup for VMware, you can convert the VM to Alibaba Cloud ECS. This feature can be used to migrate workloads to Alibaba Cloud ECS.
You can perform VM conversions from streaming backups, from secondary copies, or from IntelliSnap backup copies. You cannot perform a conversion from a Snap copy.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the VMware source VMs meet the requirements in Prepare source VMs for conversion, and then perform a new backup of the source VMs.
- Add a hypervisor for Alibaba Cloud Hypervisor.
- For information about restore options for the Alibaba Cloud ECS destination, see restore options for the Alibaba Cloud ECS.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups table displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- In the VM groups table, click Restore for the VM group that contains the virtual machine.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Full virtual machine.
The Restore page appears.
- Expand the tree on the left and select the objects to restore on the right. Select an item or click on an entry in the Name column to browse within an item.
In the upper-right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Enter the restore options for the Alibaba Cloud ECS.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 12/8/2020 7:56:14 PM