Completing the Setup Wizard for File Storage Optimization
Use the setup wizard to perform the configurations necessary to start using Activate for File Storage Optimization.
Complete this procedure as part of the initial configuration of File Storage Optimization. For more information, see Getting Started.
- In the navigation pane, click Guided setup.
- On the Activate tab, click File storage optimization.
- On the Create a data classification plan tab, complete the following steps:
- In the Plan name box, enter a unique name for the plan.
- Next to Index Server, click Create a new index server.
- From the Client list, select the server to use as the index server.
- In the Index Directory box, enter a path for the index directory.
- Follow the remaining steps in the wizard to complete the plan.
For information about additional plan options, see Creating Data Classification Plans.
- On the Add Inventory tab, create a logical group of assets in your CommCell environment:
- In the Name box, enter a name for the inventory.
- From the Index server list, select the Index Server to use for the inventory.
- From the Name server list, enter or select the domain to use for the inventory.
Note: To add a name server, click Create name server.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
Return to Getting Started and complete the setup.
- Installing the Index Store and the Web Server for File Storage Optimization
- After you complete the steps for getting started with File Server Optimization, you can add individual file servers to your inventories. For more information, see Adding a File Server Asset to an Inventory.
Last modified: 4/14/2020 9:12:55 PM