Performing a SAP LaMa Database Refresh Using Clone
Database administrators can clone a database from the SAP LaMa provisioning console. You can also set a reservation time for the clone operation.
Before You Begin
Verify that all the instances are running.
- Perform the database refresh. For more information, see the SAP article Refreshing a Database. Proceed through the steps. You can use the default values for all steps except the following steps:
- On the Host Selection of Target System page, from the Type list, select Use existing target.
- On the Provisioning Release Configuration for System page, make sure that the Commvault provisions process is in the Hook field.
- To run a database clone operation, under the Operation Parameters section, for the Operation parameter name , select the Database Clone custom value.
- Optional: To set a reservation time for the clone operation, add a RESERVATIONTIME custom parameter, and then set the reservation time value in seconds. This value specifies the time to retain the clone and then expire the clone after the specified time limit. Default value is 90000 ( 25 hours)
After you configure the operation, you can do any of the following:
- Immediately run the operation.
- Save the options as a template and run it later.
- Save the options as a template and immediately run the operation.
You can monitor the job in the SAP LaMa console. To get detailed information, click on the Database Refresh job, then in the search box, type the custom provisioning script name.
Last modified: 12/6/2019 8:18:17 PM