Options for Conversion to Alibaba Cloud ECS
When you restore a VM from a different hypervisor to Alibaba Cloud ECS, provide Alibaba Cloud ECS-specific values for the restore operation.
- Restore as: Select Alibaba Cloud.
- Destination: Select an Alibaba Cloud ECS hypervisor from the list.
- Access node: The proxy that can be used to stage the data for the restore operation. To use a different proxy, select the proxy from the list.
The proxy that is used for the restore operation must be in the availability zone where the instances are being restored.
- Power on instance after restore (Optional): To start the Alibaba Cloud ECS instance automatically after the conversion completes, select this check box.
- Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists (Optional): To delete an existing instance and replace it with the converted instance, select this check box.
If you are restoring multiple VMs, click the All Instances tab to specify configuration values for all destination instances, or the name of each instance to specify values individually. Specify the following values:
- Enable edit destination instance name (when restoring multiple instances): Select this check box, select Prefix or Suffix, and then enter a string to be appended to the original display name to create new destination instance names.
- Instance name (when restoring an individual instance): Enter the display name for the converted instance.
- Availability zone: Click Browse to browse defined availability zones and select a host.
- Auto select instance type: The instance type is selected based on the corresponding settings for the source VM. You can also manually select an instance type that provides the available CPU cores and memory for the instance.
- Network: Select a vSwitch for the restored instances.
- Security groups (browse network to populate): Select one or more security groups for the specified network.
Last modified: 4/13/2020 10:50:32 AM