Granting User Permissions for an Access Node or File Recovery Enabler for Linux
To enable users to select an access node (VSA proxy) or a File Recovery Enabler for Linux (FREL) when they configure a hypervisor or perform a restore, you can create a role that includes the Use Proxy permission, and assign the role and an associated user group to the server that is configured as an access node or FREL.
The Use Proxy permission provides more limited access to virtualization infrastructure than the Agent Management permission. For example, in a multi-tenant environment, a Managed Service Provider (MSP) administrator can grant the permission to a tenant administrator to allow use of a shared access node without exposing other backup infrastructure.
You can configure the Use Proxy permission from the Command Center or from the CommCell Console, but the permission applies only for operations in the Command Center.
- Create a role:
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Security.
- Click Add Role.
The Add role dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the role and then, under the Global category, select the Use Proxy permission.
- Click Save.
- Create a user group:
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Security > User groups.
- Click Add user group.
- Enter a name for the group, and then add users who need to be able to use the access node.
- Click Save.
- Assign the role and user group to an access node or FREL:
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers.
- Click the server for the access node.
- On the Configuration tab, in the Security tile, click Edit.
The Security dialog box appears.
- On the Associations tab, enter the user group you defined, and then select the role that includes the Use Proxy permission.
- Click Add, and then click Save.
- Managing Roles
- Creating a User Group
- Administering the Security Associations of a Server
- VSA Proxies and File Recovery Enablers for Linux
Last modified: 5/20/2020 6:19:54 PM